Bella Vista, Italian for “beautiful sight”, is a neighborhood in the South Philadelphia section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is bounded approximately by South Street to the north, Washington Avenue to the south, 6th Street to the east, and 11th Street to the west. Bella Vista is home to the Italian Market.
Annual festivals in the neighborhood include the 9th Street Italian Market Festival and Bella Vista Festa. Arts and cultural events in Bella Vista are centered around public concerts, coffeehouses, Mew Gallery, and Fleischer Art Memorial. Bella Vista was the first neighborhood settled by Italian immigrants in Philadelphia, and it continues to be one of Philadelphia’s Italian American neighborhoods, while growing with Vietnamese and Mexican influences.
Real Estate Listings In Bella Vista
- List View
- Map View
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 1/29/2020)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Other highlights: The neighborhood is considered the brunch capital of Philadelphia, has a bocce league that plays at Bardascino Park (10th & Carpenter Streets), and features a permanent community garden at 10th & Kimball.
Read About The Schools In The Bella Vista Area And Real Estate For Sale In Each School Area:
- Our Lady of Ransom School
- Imhotep Institute Charter High School
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel School
- Independence Charter School
- Immaculate Heart of Mary School
- Our Lady of Calvary School
- Our Lady Help of Christians School
- Our Lady of Lourdes School
- Our Lady of Consolation School
- People for People Charter School
- Nazareth Academy Grade School
- Porter Family Daycare Educational Center
- Northeast Catholic High School
- Norwood-Fontbonne Academy